Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seedlings



My several trays of cooler crops are doing fairly well. Apparently mice or voles or whatever is getting fat on my seeds, really enjoy my lettuce varieties-arrrghh! I have picture evidence of where they have dug out my seeds (see below). I have to do another tray and see if I can get any worthwhile from that, as well as some spinach that they devoured. Beets, collars, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and kale are doing well. The timing should be just about right. The plants and garden beds should be ready about the same time. I do have some basil that I am hoping will have enough time to grow, even if I have to bring them in, so that I can dry some and make some pesto to have on hand. I still want broccoli and mustard greens. I think I have a few seeds left. Yes, my not-so-good furry friends feasted on those too. So far, I am pleased with how things are going.

No comments: