Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chapter 3

"A Happy Spouse is a Helping Spouse"


I think that is pretty clearly stated. I have learned a lot from Bruce in how to treat your spouse. He has shown me great patience, trust and to really "not sweat the small stuff." We are a great team. He is laid back and I am uptight, so when you put us together, it works out pretty well...most of the time.



I have asked Bruce what makes him happy. His reply...if you're happy, I'm happy...Come on, that doesn't make me happy. That doesn't give me anything to work with, does it? I have asked him in the past about what is most important to him when he comes home? Quiet, hot meal, sparkling clean home, Cleopatra costume with a palm leaf? Again, he says if you're happy....blah, blah, blah...

Well, okay, then let's say he is a simple man with a simple thought pattern and that is what he means. Then that means I have to figure out what makes ME happy...great, that is even harder! Especially since I am not simple with simple thought patterns, as most women aren't. It would make me happy if he would tell me what would make him happy...okay, I am dizzy now.

I guess what makes me happy is a clutter-free home, knowing the kids and Bruce have good, healthy food to eat and Bruce keeping his fat head off my fluffy pillow...that's about it...I think I can work with that.

No comments: