Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chapter 2

I am moving on to Chapter 2 whilst keeping Chapter 1 in mind about the right emotional climate.

Chapter 2 Give Yourself an Extra 10 Minutes

So this goes along with the hurrying of everyday life. Rush here, rush there, late for this. I used to be early...very early. My dad was always late and I hated it. Now I find I am being late for more appointments and meetings. I feel it is a disrepect but cannot be helped. Well, guess what. It is a disrespect and it can be helped. Okay, yes, an extra 10 minutes. Wake up earlier, go to bed later, leave for work 10 minutes earlier, schedule things further apart to give yourself adequate time...but the most important thing is not to schedule yourself to death. Remember the movie with the Faukers, Meet the Parents, and how Robert DeNiro had everything scheduled down to the minute and any variance in that threw everything else off. NOT how I want to be. I would prefer to be like the older man down the road that has his lawnchair facing his garden. Yep, just sit there and watch the corn grow! Well, that may be TOO far the other way, but I would like to have the option to do so if I wanted. I do like soaking up some sunshine with a few minutes of calm. I guess what it comes down to is making sure we get done what we HAVE to, making sure we take time to help others, and say no to those things that really aren't going to affect our lives or anyone else's lives for the good in the long run. Easier said than done, huh?

No comments: