Wednesday, September 28, 2011

End of September

Really?? September is almost over? Where did it go? I had so much to get done...did I do it? Gosh, I am not sure. Better pull out that September list...

My greenhouse raised bed is doing okay. A windstorm blew off the back door of the greenhouse and it has not been repaired yet, which means animals, including rabbits can get in there. I tell you this because I had green bean plants blooming and ready to put out little baby beans. I waited two days because it had been rainy and cloudy so assumed that I could get away with not watering as much. Well, I ended up with one little stem. No leaves, no blooms, definitely no beans. All 6 plants that were blooming were gone! Poof! They didn't bother my cucumbers. They are faring nicely, growing up the small trellis. The basil I planted in the raised bed is beautiful. I see an Italian meal in my future. I made a bit of lattice work and put different lettuces, spinach and radishes in. They are coming along nicely too.

In the outside garden, the rain watered our turnips, radishes and broccoli . I still have three 4x4 sections to fill. Some kale and cabbage would be good, I think. I will be going through my seeds over the next couple of days and get that done.

I guess it is about time to pick my one little white pumpkin. I was hoping it would grow a bit more, but alas, it has not. It is still in the mid 80s in the afternoon though, so I don't want anything rotting. Then again, maybe I will wait a bit on that.

Why is it I want to wait on things that need to be done now and do what really needs to wait? Do they make medicine for that? Not that I would take medicine, maybe an herbal tea...

No comments: