Thursday, August 19, 2010

R.I.P. ISABELLA

Today is a day of sadness. I come in from burying Bella. Yesterday evening a large limb fell onto the new goat fence, giving Bella the opportunity to hop over. Unfortunately, we don't know what happened whether it was the dogs, or if the limb actually caused an internal injury. We found her in the driveway unable to move with one large puncture wound and several smaller lacerations. We put her in a quiet area, did what we could for her wounds and checked on her a few times throughout the night. Each time, although breathing heavily, she would move a bit, drink some water and cry. This morning at 5 a.m., however, we found that she had not made it. It is with a heavy heart that I write this morning.

























2 comments:

cynthia-mcdonald said...

Brings tears to my eyes. Having lost my own critters through the years makes my heart lonesome for their presence in my life. I will send you some flute prayers this morning.

Linda said...

It was a sad day when we buried her but you know farm life has a lot to teach us and we learn everyday the good with the bad. You will grow closer to your family and to God as you work the farm and see the efforts of your labor and see your farm grow.
I love you!
Mom