Monday, August 29, 2011

Another Snake in the Chicken House

Not entirely unexpected, a snake made a snack of a few chicks. It ate at least 5 and smashed 3. Nope, this one didn't make the cut. I guess I am the angry one on the block. Nobody was here to tell me that he should live. He got several shovel shots to his head. The first one pretty much missed and just made him angry. That was fun! That's okay, it still didn't match my anger! Probably got him with the next two blows, but for good measure added a couple of extra...made me feel better anyway. One for each baby in his stomach! We patched up the only place we think he possibly could have gotten in. I should have known since Penny's egg production has been poor recently. I bet I have an egg tomorrow! For safe measure, I did the whole mothball thing around perimeter. Oh how I hate poison, but for now, I need to take all precautions until my chickies are not such an easy target!

No comments: