Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Garden

As I have said before, this Southern gardening thing is really hard for me catch on to. Luckily I have friends who send me e-mails and I get e-mails from other "homesteading" newsletters that help me along, month by month.



I got my garlic to plant in the mail. I have read up on where and how to plant. I am going to put it in a section of raised bed (really my raised beds are just boxed beds, not that "raised.") and also some near a couple of rose bushes just for fun. I also have ordered seed potatoes, which were very hard to find. Next year, I will make sure I save some of my own! But I am going to try the fall planting and see what happens. At this point, I expect most to rot or not come up because of this quick decision. With the changes that I have recently made in my life, I really must do everything I can to ensure good harvests spring, summer, fall and winter.



I was so disappointed in my pumpkin patch. The drought, the squash beetles. All those winter squash and pumpkins I planted...my result....one wee white pumpkin....

No comments: