Wednesday, October 26, 2011

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH NEW

It's true. I have made a significant change in my life by quitting an excellent paying job to stay home and focus on my dream-the homestead. It was a scary decision in two aspects...one, just the fact that I know jobs are hard to come by and the feeling of "am I doing the right thing???" and two because I prayed and got a direct answer from the man upstairs, and that is scary in the fact that He was having a one-on-one conversation with me.

So I am afraid that Valley Creek Herb Farm is a memory...because it was the name my mother gave the farm and with her moving back home to the Midwest, the "herb" is misleading since my greenhouse skills are far from hers. I am happy to grow a cucumber seed.

Instead, our farm (and blog) is now named Lost Arrow Acres. If you are still interested in following us as we continue to move forward in our homesteading attempts, look us up there.

It has been an interesting 16 months, but I have feeling the good things are just beginning.

Love,
Rachel

No comments: