Friday, October 7, 2011

Snake Pile

It's official! I have a path to the pond to throw the deceased snakes. Since the drought, and the water is down, I can see my snake pile. I hate to kill them, really I do, but even more so, they cannot eat my eggs, let alone the chicks. However, my chicks are old enough now that the odds are in their favor. Now I just have to protect my daily egg.

The snake this morning was in the chicken yard (the fenced area) just in front of the coop. I had already gathered my egg this morning, so he was getting ready to leave empty...stomached.

During our quarrel this time he got his lower two feet around my boot---boy does that freak me out! Of course, the little chicks were scared to death--NOT! They were playing with the end of his shaky tail like a toy! Probably quite entertaining...from a different perspective!

No comments: