Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ready or Not Here We Come!



Okay, I am scared, completely uncertain of everything right now. So, what to do? Pray...Follow your heart...'When in doubt, do nothing.' There are several directions I could be going. Yes, I have prayed and will continue to do so. Yes, I usually follow my heart, but I do think my head is better equipped for decision-making. And, of course, in the past, I have done nothing. But not this time. This time, I am going to DO.
What am I talking about. I am talking about beginning a homestead (at least my opinion of modern homesteading). I have a vision of self-sufficiency, of getting back to "basics," of...homesteading.

My family, consisting of my husband, my 16 year-old son, my 14 year-old daughter, my mother and myself, will be moving to my mother's 17-acre plot. All five of us are ready to start our new journey.

Let me clear the air first. I am not a writer, nor have any desire to be. So, I ask your forgiveness for any misspelled words, poor grammar, typos, etc. It is my primary goal to share our family's learning experience in striving for self sufficiency.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it the whole idea and the whole family!

Linda said...

Could I see more pictures of your farm, please?

Lost Arrow Acres said...

More pics on the way...

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I wish I could do the same thing. You are so blessed to have three generations of family together. What an adventure.